Things I've learnt in the first 20 years of my life/
Letter to my past teenage self/
Letter to my current teenage sisters/
Letter to the teenagers I currently know/
- It's okay to be misunderstood.
- People will let you down, and you will make mistakes but every storm will pass by.
- The choice to pick yourself up is yours to make.
- Sometimes, we set ourselves up for disappointment by expecting too much.
- The key to gratitude is to give freely and much, yet expect little in return.
- It's okay if people don't like you and talk behind your back.
- People who do the above thing are usually insecure in their own way, love them anyway.
- It's okay if people judge you or say untrue things about you. It's better to be gossiped about than to be the gossiper.
- Complaining less will actually make you a happier person.
- You can't change people. You can only change how you feel about them.
- You can't make everyone likes you.
- Since there's so little things you can actually change or control, when you find one, go all out and make a difference.
- Things won't, can't and will never change overnight.
- Instead of asking when your miracle will happen, ask yourself who you can be a miracle for.
- Most of the time, you'll get what you most want when you are not even looking for it.
- There's a lot of things in life not worth fighting for or crying over.
- When you find a few things that are worth it, hold on to them with all your might and don't let them go.
- Everything worth doing is worth doing all-out-passionately.
- Everything worth having is worth suffering and struggling for.
- Everybody screws up. It's just a matter of when and how fast you get over it.
- The faster you screw up, the faster you can move on, get over it, learn something from it and grow stronger for it.
- It's okay to change your mind, it's okay to admit you were wrong. And it's also not a problem to be stubborn and apologize later.
- When you speak your mind, you'll offend people. Refer back to #11 and don't ever let anyone shut you up from voicing your opinions.
- Everything changes. Every season of life will pass. Life is temporary but you can live it for things that aren't.
- Don't expect perfection on this side of heaven. Learn to see the beauty in the imperfection.
- Though life is temporary, you can experience glimpses of the eternal here and now.
- Though life is temporary, it doesn't mean we are meant to spend it in misery and self-sacrifice and suffering.
- It's easy to be a hero in a crisis.
- The real challenge is in day-to-day-living. In keeping our heart wide open to love and our eyes wide open to see the good in a world so disillusioned and weary; in coming alive in a world running on autopilot. Still,
- Life is worth living. Every day, every minute, every second. Always and forever.